Provide shelter and food to the homeless
Mallard Creek partners with Urban Ministry and other faith communities to open their doors to provide shelter and food to homeless people during the winter months (December 1 through March 31).
We offer safe, warm, places to sleep along with 3 meals- dinner, breakfast, and lunch. The basic goal is to keep homeless people from freezing on cold winter nights.
What Mallard Creek Offers:
- 12 Warm Beds
- Hot & Delicious Homemade Dinner
- Fellowship Around The Table
- Hot Showers
- Laundry Facility
- A “To-go” Bag Lunch
- Transportation Back To Uptown
Mallard Creek Presbyterian Church
1600 W. Mallard Creek Church Road
Charlotte, NC 28262
Opportunities to Serve:
If you have a ♥ for serving the homeless, we would love for you to join us.
You are not obligated to serve each night we host. Our goal is to have enough volunteers to divide up the nights.
- Greeters (4pm to 7pm)
- Breakfast Servers (4:30am to 5:30am)
- Inn Keepers (overnight stay 7pm to 5am)
- Clean up crew (5am to 6am)
- Set up (Wednesday early evening)