Preschool Registration Now Open * Call: 704-549-9741
Accepting children ages 2 - 5
Mallard Creek Presbyterian Church Preschool presents a nurturing, interactive, Christian environment where children age two through five learn about the world around them, practice vital social skills, and increase self-awareness and confidence.
Under the guidance of experienced teachers and staff, we utilize the Wee Learn Curriculum for preschoolers, as well as the A-Z Bible Curriculum.
Facts about MCPC Preschool
- Part-day preschool in a fun, loving, nurturing, and Christian environment.
- Serving ages 2-5, including Pre-K.
- Strict birth-date cut-off is Aug. 31.
- In session 9:00-1:00, Monday-Thursday, September-May.
- School year begins the Tuesday after Labor Day.
- School year ends the Thursday before Memorial Day.
- Preschool follows the CMS calendar for holidays.
- WEE Learn Curriculum, a Christian curriculum produced by Lifeway.
- Curriculum utilizes center-based, theme-based teaching methods.
- Weekly Children's Church for all classes.
- On-campus children's library.
- Children enrolled in our 4-day classes can visit our children’s library and check out a book weekly
- Both Indoor and Outdoor play facilities.
- All on-site staff members are CPR/1st Aid Certified
- Highly trained & experienced staff & many are certified teachers.
- Low student/teacher ratios.
- Founded 1987.
Yearly events that set us apart
- Pre-K classes take 2 field trips yearly.
- Spring Fling (field days)
- Charlotte Children's Theater visits our preschool each year to perform.
- Chick-fil-a Spirit Nights.
- Formal Graduation Ceremony for Pre-K.
- Fire Truck, Police Car, and Dental Hygienist Visits for our Community Helpers & Healthy Living Units.
- March focus on Reading, including Scholastic Book Fair.
- Terrific Tuesdays for Pre-K (including a big Thanksgiving Feast, Spring Carnival, & more).
Frequently Asked Questions
Students arrive at 9:00am and are picked-up at 1:00pm., Monday-Thursday (2-year-olds only come twice a week, either Monday/Wednesday OR Tuesday/Thursday). Parents park, walk their children to class, and sign them in the mornings and out in the afternoons.
Pre School Resources
Kristy Maddux, Preschool Director
Kristy Maddux has a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from WVU. After moving to Charlotte, Kristy became an assistant teacher at MCPC Preschool and loved it so much that she is starting her 24th year on the MCPCP team. Kristy and her husband, Mike, have three adult children, 1 daughter-in-law, 1 granddaughter, 2 miniature dachshunds, and 4 grand dogs. She is also a member of Mallard Creek Presbyterian Church, where she is a deacon, enjoys helping out, and caring for those in need. In her spare time, Kristy loves to cook, read, attend yard sales, watch college basketball and football, take care of her grand baby, and spend time with her family.