Preschool Registration Now Open * Call: 704-549-9741
Accepting children ages 2 - 5
Mallard Creek Presbyterian Church Preschool presents a nurturing, interactive, Christian environment where children age two through five learn about the world around them, practice vital social skills, and increase self-awareness and confidence. Under the guidance of experienced teachers and staff, we utilize the Wee Learn Curriculum for preschoolers, as well as the A-Z Bible Curriculum.
Facts about MCPC Preschool
- Part-day preschool in a fun, loving, nurturing, and Christian environment.
- Serving ages 2-5, including Pre-K.
- Strict birth-date cut-off is Aug. 31.
- In session 9:00-1:00, Monday-Thursday, September-May.
- School year begins the Tuesday after Labor Day.
- School year ends the Thursday before Memorial Day.
- Preschool follows the CMS calendar for holidays.
- WEE Learn Curriculum, a Christian curriculum produced by Lifeway.
- Curriculum utilizes center-based, theme-based teaching methods.
- Weekly Children's Church for all classes.
- On-campus children's library.
- Children enrolled in our 4-day classes can visit our children’s library and check out a book weekly
- Both Indoor and Outdoor play facilities.
- All on-site staff members are CPR/1st Aid Certified
- Highly trained & experienced staff & many are certified teachers.
- Low student/teacher ratios.
- Founded 1987.
Yearly events that set us apart
- Pre-K classes take 2 field trips yearly.
- Spring Fling (field days)
- Charlotte Children's Theater visits our preschool each year to perform.
- Chick-fil-a Spirit Nights.
- Formal Graduation Ceremony for Pre-K.
- Fire Truck, Police Car, and Dental Hygienist Visits for our Community Helpers & Healthy Living Units.
- March focus on Reading, including Scholastic Book Fair.
- Terrific Tuesdays for Pre-K (including a big Thanksgiving Feast, Spring Carnival, & more).
Frequently Asked Questions
Students arrive at 9:00am and are picked-up at 1:00pm., Monday-Thursday (2-year-olds only come twice a week, either Monday/Wednesday OR Tuesday/Thursday). Parents park, walk their children to class, and sign them in the mornings and out in the afternoons.
Ages 2-5. Must have turned the age of the class attending by August 31st of that school year. We do not make exceptions for younger children, even if they are academically advanced, as our birth-date cut-off is very strict and preschool is about a lot more than academics.
We do not provide transportation for students. Parents must provide transportation to and from school.
Our preschool is in session strictly 9am-1pm. We cannot allow early entry or late dismissal.
No, we do not have summer camps for preschoolers at this time.
Pre-K students (ages 4-5) must be completely potty trained and independent in the bathroom and must wear underwear to school (no diapers or pull-ups). We highly recommend that 3-year-olds be potty trained, but it is not a requirement for admissions. In the 2-year-olds classrooms, we have both a bathroom and a changing table to accommodate children who are in the process of potty training. Our staff does not bare the burden of potty training students, but we do support parents in their efforts by continuing at preschool whatever you're doing at home to accomplish the task of potty training your child.
We have multi-levels of safety at the preschool, beginning with CPR/1st Aid certification for ALL STAFF. We also have periodic inspections from our community police officers who make recommendations to us. We have each entrance/exit monitored by video recording systems. Every entry is locked during the day and parents/guardians must ring a video doorbell and state their reason for coming to the preschool before being allowed admittance. Children are signed-in/out daily by guardians who must show ID until the teacher recognizes them before the staff members will release the child. We never release a child to anyone other than the parent/guardian without written permission from the parents/guardians. Staff participate in periodic trainings and drills (fire, tornado, intruder, etc.) for safety. Our playground is inspected quarterly for safety hazards. These and many more precautions are taken each and every day, as the safety of our students is our number one priority.
We follow the CDC guidelines for health and safety. Children use hand sanitizer upon entering the classroom each morning and wash their hands after using the restroom and before eating. Staff members are responsible for daily sanitizing of toys and classroom equipment. We have a hired cleaning service who cleans the entire building, including bathrooms, EVERY afternoon. Children who are sick may not attend school until they are well (see parent handbook link for more information).
MCPC Preschool students are not required to attend Mallard Creek Church. However, as a Christian school, during the school week we are committed to serving Christ in all we do and say. Children participate in weekly Children's Church and daily Bible story and Bible verse learning. Jesus Christ is at the center of all we do at MCPCP and we strive to demonstrate His love for everyone with whom we come in contact each day.
Pre School Resources
Kristy Maddux, Preschool Director
Kristy Maddux has a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from WVU. After moving to Charlotte, Kristy became an assistant teacher at MCPC Preschool and loved it so much that she is starting her 24th year on the MCPCP team. Kristy and her husband, Mike, have three adult children, 1 daughter-in-law, 1 granddaughter, 2 miniature dachshunds, and 4 grand dogs. She is also a member of Mallard Creek Presbyterian Church, where she is a deacon, enjoys helping out, and caring for those in need. In her spare time, Kristy loves to cook, read, attend yard sales, watch college basketball and football, take care of her grand baby, and spend time with her family.